Saturday, June 3, 2017

Yet more photos from the last game session...

The party, after evading my big trap

Fighting their way past my first ambush

Starting to fight their way past the second ambush

So, they got past the Nexus Point trap on the west side of the underworld, by simply thinking their way through it - they did have a good time looking in at dear old Nyelmu in the Garden of the Weeping Snows - and pressed onward. They did hit the fist ambush I'd laid on the east side, and after a couple of exchanges of arrows and spells they moved right through it.

The second ambush, which is what we're dealing with in today's game session, is (was) one of my better ones - or so I thought. The players did what you're supposed to do, attack into the ambush, and my poor Qol are taking a nasty beating after some poor dice rolls on my part and some very clever coordinated spell-casting and attacking into melee by the players.

I'd better come up with some really good ideas by the time they get here, this afternoon...


4 comments:

  1. I'm more than a little envious of your players, and wowed by their dedication - I'd be far too tempted to linger and enjoy the world instead of focusing so narrowly on completing the mission at hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I left all sorts of Significant Clues and Mysterious Glyphs all over the place, but the players immediately assumed that these were Pointless Distractions and Dire Perils intended to ensnare them. So, they pressed on; this was supposed to be a one-off game, but it looks like it may turn into a long-term campaign - in which case, there'll be plenty of time to explore. Last game group had a fourteen year run, so I have hopes... :)

      Delete
  2. Seems like the Priest of Hry'y and his party are on top of things, and in absolute control of the situation. But wait: I am pretty sure there's something *else* than the Qol lurking in the gloom...

    Wanna bet? 😏😏😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bet; the Qol have marshaled their forces, and brought up the Heavy Mob from down below. The players are currently trapped with no hope of escape, and are coming back to finish the game after some real-world end-of-term stuff is done with. They are not worried about their plight, which is - I will admit, throwing me a bit - but then, we did the same thing with Phil and his Dire Perils. So, I guess the wheel has come full turn... :)

      Delete