Sunday, August 27, 2017

The Weekly Update The First - Sunday, August 27th, 2017 - Interlude One: Family News


First up today, I have good news and bad news. My beloved father-in-law had his surgery Monday, and is doing just fine; he'd had a series of nasty falls and broken bones over the past year, as well as other health issues, so things were a little dicey heading into Monday's proceedure. All is well, though; he's out of the hospital and into a managed care facility; we're very pleased with his progress!

Sadly, at the same time we were all in the surgery family waiting room, an old friend of my Missus' family was in the ER with a very severe cardiac event. She did not survive, I am very sorry to have to say. We were at her visitation last night, and saw all of my wife's childhood friends.

In other news, I am delighted to be able to report that my Fifth Daughter, currently the Daughter-In-Residence, is a straight 'A' student at her college and maintaining a 4.0 GPA. We are all very, very proud of her, as you might imagine!

More in a moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment