Thursday, October 5, 2017

The Weekly Update - Thursday, October 5th, 2017 - Dave Arneson Day, and Out With the New And In With The Old!

Well, I had fun...

There have been a few changes to the scene...

There didn't seem to be any local events going on for Dave Arneson Day, but my daughter's RPG group invited me to talk about the man himself - I told 'Dave Stories' for about two hours, and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

The game room has been assuming what I suspect will be the final form for the place; I've added a lot of new shelving under the game table proper and removed the former 'accessories' drawers, replacing them with more shelving for my expanding Barsoom and Aegyptian miniatures. I'm returning to the kind of thing in gaming that I enjoy, and now that my energies are returning I'm able to act on this both in terms of the miniatures I love and in the 'physical plant' that we have in the game room.

I've also been able to get back to writing; I'm cranking out something like 1,000 to 2,000 words a night. Once again, the words are just seeming to flow - our adventures almost seem to write themselves!

We have a comics convention this weekend, followed by some more furniture moves; Sunday will see my daughter back in the thick of things with her game group, using Dad's dice collection. So, w're busy, but it's a good kind of busy!

More to come - and with photos, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment