Saturday, November 4, 2017

Making My Dreams Come True (III) - The Logistics

The Old Reliable: M-1956 US Army cooler
What's in my future...


Ah, the joys of surplus shopping! Once again, my favorite form of consumerism has paid off; I took delivery of ten heavy-duty storage chests this past week. The significance of that, in regards to my gaming activities, is that all of the game stuff I have in plastic tubs out in the shed will come indoors to the basement game room, and all the show production stuff that I've been accumulating for years will go into these shipping chests out in the shed. All of the mains leads, tabletop displays, lighting, graphics, and everything else we could only dream of back in the days of the 'Akbar and Jeff Traveling Tekumel Road Show' (as Mike Mornard used to describe our trips to conventions to sell Tekumel) when we had no money but unlimited enthusiasm will now live in the chests and stay loaded. I.e., I won't have to be moving stuff around in the basement just to have a game, any more.

It also means that for events like Free RPG Day, all I have to do is a quick 'throw and go' to get ready for the events. I have learned the hard way, over the decades, that if I don't have the asset under my direct control, I won't have the asset. So, what's happening is that all my patient building up of resources over the past few years is finally coming together. There are some amazing things on the way, and I think you'll be amused and delighted. :)

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I am both Amused and Delighted! ūüėČ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      We aim to please! The cross-loading is going well; I can see floor, and the newly emptied tubs are going into the household fleet - The Missus is happy. Working on getting the rack installed running... :)

      Delete